Nine Ph.D. students attended the Second International Conference on Mathematics of Data Science at The Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, Nov. 2-4.
The students (and their areas of study) who attended were Ali Hagverdiyev (applied mathematics), Roby Poteau (operations research), Saleheh Seif (operations research), Travaughn Bain (operations research), Nandini Rakala (operations research), Mohamed Jaber (operations research), Meshal Shutaywi (operations research), Wejdan Deebani (operations research) and Farag Hamad (operations research). All students received National Science Foundation travel grants to attend the conference.
Here are their talks and posters:
- “Gradient Method in Hilbert-Besov Spaces for the Optimal Control of Parabolic Free Boundary Problems.” Ali Hagverdiyev, advisor Ugur Abdulla.
- “Identification of Parameters in Systems Biology,” Roby Poteau, advisor Ugur Abdulla.
- “RUL Estimation from Prognostic Study based on Logical Analysis of Data and Kaplan-Meier Estimation,” Travaughn Bain, advisor Mine Subasi.
- “Multi-Objective Logical Analysis of Data,”Nandini Rakala, advisor Mine Subasi.
- “Breast Cancer Detection through Electrical Impedance Tomography and Optimal Control Theory: Theoretical and Computational Analysis,” Saleheh Seif, advisor Ugur Abdulla.
- “Probabilistic Detection Model for Population Estimation,” Mohamed Jaber, advisor Nezamoddin N. Kachouie.
- “Evaluating Silhouette Index for Linearly and non-Linearly Separable Groups,” Meshal Shutaywi, advisor Nezamoddin N. Kachouie.
- “Bootstrap Weights for Combining Correlation Coefficients,” Wejdan Deebani, advisor Nezamoddin N. Kachouie.
- “Estimating Gompertz Baseline Parameters in a Full Parametric Survival Model,” Farag Hamad, advisor Nezamoddin N. Kachouie.
Pictured: From left to right, are students Wejdan Deebani, Meshal Shutaywi, Farag Hamad, Ali Hagverdiyev, Saleheh Seif, Nandini Rakala, Roby Poteau, Travaughn Bain and Mohamed Jaber.