Six Florida Tech alumni were honored at the university’s Homecoming Gala Oct. 15.
Tim Wakefield, the Melbourne native who won two Most Valuable Panther awards as a slugging first baseman for the Florida Tech Panthers before embarking on a distinguished, 19-year Major League pitching career, received the university’s highest alumni honor, the Jerome P. Keuper Distinguished Alumni Award.
Each college named an outstanding alumni award winner, as well.
- Aeronautics: Fin Bonset, MSA Airport Development and Management, ‘99
- Business: Devon Kelly, BS Finance, ‘90
- Engineering: Doug Schuler, BS Electrical Engineering, ’72; MS Management, ‘91
- Psychology and Liberal Arts: Elizabeth Webbe Lunny, BS Humanities, ‘93
- Science: Wadad Dubbelday, BS Physics, ‘91