Share |
Verma Elected to Board of Trustees
Vikram Verma, Florida Tech's newest trustee.

Vikram Verma, Florida Tech’s newest trustee.

Vikram Verma, an alumnus and technology pioneer who leads one of the most successful unified communications companies in the world, has been elected to the university’s Board of Trustees.

Currently chief executive officer of Silicon Valley-based 8×8, Inc., Verma has had a distinguished 25-year executive career with leading technology companies. He has been granted eight patents and honored with various accolades, including being named one of 40 “Technology Pioneers” in 2003 by the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

A member of the Florida Tech board from 2002 to 2007, when travel and business obligations necessitated he step away, Verma earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering at the Melbourne-based university in 1987.

“I am truly honored to once again be part of Florida Tech’s Board of Trustees and excited to be back at my alma mater to contribute to its longstanding success,” Verma said. “FIT taught me the value of hard work, commitment and focusing on the fundamentals, and I look forward to working with my fellow trustees to ensure the university brings continued success to all of its graduates.”